Local services

Emergency services

There is no centralized number to reach emergency services. Research and carry contact information for local police and medical facilities.

Consular assistance

There is no resident Canadian government office in Antarctica. Canadians visiting Antarctica for longer than three months should advise Global Affairs Canada in Ottawa of their travel plans prior to leaving. For emergency assistance, contact the Emergency Watch and Response Centre in Ottawa at 613-996-8885.

Date modified: