Working abroad

Every year, thousands of Canadians relocate to foreign countries to work and acquire new skills.

In almost all cases you must have special permission, such as a work visa, to work in a foreign country. Permission is granted at the sole discretion of the authorities of the country in question, and must be obtained before entering the country. Most countries will not grant permission for a foreigner to work if that person entered the country as a tourist or on some other basis. For specific information on the requirements for working abroad, contact the destination country’s embassy or consulate in Canada.

Related links
Other resources
Date modified: