Studying abroad

Each year thousands of Canadians begin new education or research adventures in foreign countries. Many countries, including Canada, encourage student exchanges in the belief that both countries will be enriched.

Moving to another country is a complex matter, and careful preparations are necessary. In most cases, you must obtain special permission – such as a study permit – to study in a foreign country.

For specific information on requirements for studying abroad, contact the destination country’s embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada.

Other resources
Date modified: