Find out if you can travel to Canada – Foreign vaccinated
Government of Canada temporarily suspending mandatory random arrival testing at all airports
As part of the structured plan to move COVID-19 testing out of airports, the Government of Canada is temporarily suspending mandatory random arrival testing at all airports for travellers who qualify as fully vaccinated until mid-July.
There are no changes to mandatory random arrival testing at land borders.
You indicated that you are:
- a foreign national
- qualified for fully vaccinated status in Canada
Based on your answers, you will likely be allowed to enter Canada; however, the final determination will be made by a government official at the port of entry.
What you need to do next
To enter, you need to qualify as a fully vaccinated traveller:
- To qualify, follow the checklist of what you need to have ready at the border
- your ArriveCAN receipt must have the letter I, V, or A beside your name
- Follow the requirements for children accompanying you
- Unless you are a citizen of the United States, find out if you need a visa or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)
You may also qualify for exemption from randomized arrival testing if the purpose of your travel is related to these and other special situations:
- frequent cross-border services
- essential services, trade and transportation
- medical support or treatment
This answer does not guarantee entry into Canada
- You must have no signs or symptoms of COVID-19 to enter.
- Final determination regarding entry and quarantine is made by a government representative at the port of entry based on the information presented to them at the time of entry into Canada.
- You must meet the entry requirements under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and provide appropriate travel and immigration documentation.
- Failure to comply with a COVID-19 Emergency order is an offence under the Quarantine Act and could lead to imprisonment and/or fines.
If you need assistance with a special circumstance
Get additional assistance
Thank you for your feedback
- Date modified: