Find out if you can travel to Canada - Citizen with symptoms - By air
You indicated that you are:
- a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, a person registered under the Indian Act or a protected person
- showing signs or symptoms consistent with COVID-19
- entering by air
You will not be able to board a public flight to come to Canada until:
- 15 days have passed or
- you present a medical certificate confirming that your symptoms are not related to COVID-19
When you are able to enter, you will need to follow testing and quarantine requirements to keep Canadians safe, particularly given the new COVID-19 variants in Canada and around the world.
Important legal information upon entry
- Final determination regarding entry and quarantine is made by a government representative at the port of entry based on the information presented to them at the time of entry into Canada.
- Failure to comply with the COVID-19 Emergency order is an offence under the Quarantine Act and could lead to imprisonment and/or fines.
- If you’re a dual Canadian citizen, you can only enter Canada with a valid Canadian passport, or special authorization.
If you need assistance with a special circumstance
Get additional assistance
Thank you for your feedback
- Date modified: