If your child or a child you know goes missing WE CAN HELP

Other format
If your child or a child you know goes missing WE CAN HELP

Canadian federal officials work closely with local and international authorities to advocate for the safety, protection and well-being of Canadian children in Canada and overseas. Here is an overview of how we can help.

The Canada Border Services Agency helps to recover missing children and reunite them with their parent(s) and to prevent the unauthorized travel of children across international borders by working closely with law enforcement partners. Here’s what you need to know if you plan to travel with Children.

The RCMP manages the National Centre for Missing Persons and Unidentified Remains. A parent who fears their child has been abducted should contact local police right away. Please visit Canada's Missing for updated information or to submit a tip. 

Justice Canada can help. The Federal Central Authority works through the Hague Child Abduction Convention to help return children to Canada. You can find helpful tools for parents making parenting arrangements after separation at Making Plans and the Parenting Plan Tool.

Consular officials from Global Affairs in Canada and abroad assist families affected by international child abductions. You can request emergency assistance on a 24/7 basis. As well, consult International Child Abduction: A Guidebook for Left-Behind Parents as well.

Parents or legal guardians can contact the Passport Program if they have concerns that an unauthorized passport application may be made for a child or when a court order restricts a child from travelling. The Passport Program can open an investigation and request the return of the child’s current passport. See Child safety – extra precautions for passports issued to children under 16 years of age.

Report a problem on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, please contact us.

Date modified: