Find out if you can travel to Canada - Foreign national without symptoms - Temporary foreign worker
You indicated that you are:
- a foreign national
- not showing signs and symptoms consistent with COVID-19
- a temporary foreign worker
Based on your answers, you will likely be allowed to enter Canada; however, the final determination will be made by a government official at the port of entry.
You must have a valid job offer in Canada and be able to start working after you complete your quarantine (unless you’re exempt from quarantine).
What you need to do next
- bring your valid work permit (or proof of the approval), unless you are performing work that does not require a permit
- make sure that your medical exam has not expired
- bring proof of employment and your work activities
- You must meet testing and quarantine requirements. Use the checklist for your method of entry:
If you normally live and work in Canada but have been laid off
If you were living and working in Canada but you were laid off you’ll likely be able to enter Canada if your work permit is still valid.
If the employer who offered you a job has closed their business
You will not be allowed to enter Canada if the employer has closed their business.
If you’re planning to find a job while in Canada
You will not be allowed to enter Canada if you’re planning to find a job after you arrive in Canada.
This answer does not guarantee entry into Canada
- Final determination regarding entry and quarantine is made by a government representative at the port of entry based on the information presented to them at the time of entry into Canada.
- You must meet the entry requirements under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and provide appropriate travel and immigration documentation; find out if you need a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)
- You won’t be allowed to board a flight to Canada if you don’t meet the flight requirements.
- Failure to comply with the COVID-19 Emergency order is an offence under the Quarantine Act and could lead to imprisonment and/or fines.
If you need assistance with a special circumstance
Thank you for your feedback
- Date modified: