Find out if you can travel to Canada – Foreign national – Approved permanent resident not yet in Canada
You indicated that you are:
- a foreign national
- not qualified as a fully vaccinated traveller
- an approved permanent resident not yet in Canada
Based on your answers, you will likely be allowed; however, the final determination will be made by a government official at the port of entry.
You must be coming to Canada to settle permanently.
What you need to do next
- bring a valid confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) document
- follow the checklist of pre-entry testing and quarantine requirements
This answer does not guarantee entry into Canada
- You must have no signs or symptoms of COVID-19 to enter.
- Final determination regarding entry and quarantine is made by a government representative at the port of entry based on the information presented to them at the time of entry into Canada.
- You must meet the entry requirements under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and provide appropriate travel and immigration documentation; find out if you need a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)
- Failure to comply with the COVID-19 Emergency order is an offence under the Quarantine Act and could lead to imprisonment and/or fines.
If you need assistance with a special circumstance
Get additional assistance
Thank you for your feedback
- Date modified: