Immigration (non-Canadian citizens)

If you are a non-Canadian citizen who wants to enter Canada, you should contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, the government department responsible for non-Canadians who want to come to Canada as immigrants, visitors, refugees, students, or workers.

The citizens of many countries require a visa to enter Canada, while the citizens of others do not. Find out if you need a visa to enter Canada before you leave your home country.

Visas are issued by Canadian government offices abroad. Not all of these offices have visa officers, but those that do not will direct you to the nearest visa office.

The type of visa you require will determine how long it will take to obtain one. For more information, contact the appropriate visa office.

Related links
Report a problem on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, please contact us.

Date modified: