Request emergency assistance

This service is for Canadian citizens in need of emergency consular assistance. We do not have information about immigration, permanent residence, or visas.



From outside Canada

From inside Canada (non-passport-related)

  • 613-996-8885
  • 1-800-387-3124 (toll-free from the U.S. and Canada only)

Emergency passport services within Canada (weekends and statutory holidays)

  • 1-800-567-6868 (toll-free from Canada only)


  • +1-613-686-3658 (carrier charges may apply)


  • +1-613-909-8881 (carrier charges may apply)


  • Canada Emergency Abroad


  • +1-613-909-8087

TTY (for persons with a hearing loss)

  • 613-944-1310
  • 1-800-394-3472 (toll-free from the U.S. and Canada only)

If we are experiencing a high volume of calls, you may be asked to leave a message. Please follow the instructions carefully. We will return your call as soon as possible.


Related links





Report a problem on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, please contact us.

Date modified: