- Check the expiry date on your passport's photo identification page. Check the entry requirements of your destination country to find out whether your passport must be valid for a certain time period beyond your expected return date and whether you will need a visa.
- If you need to order or renew a passport, do it well in advance of your trip.
- Check the expiry dates of your photo identification and order new ones if necessary.
- Double-check your itinerary before your trip. It should show the departure and arrival terminals, the flight numbers and schedules, and the length of the flights.
- Be aware of any rules or regulations that apply to travelling with children.
- Be aware of any rules or regulations that apply to travelling with pets.
- Be aware of customs regulations if you plan to fly outside of Canada.
- Pack valuables or necessities in your carry-on baggage, not your checked bags.
- Check with your airline for any rules, regulations (including size limitations) or fees that apply to carry-on or checked bags. Try not to pack more baggage than you can carry.
- Inform your airline of any special needs, including diet restrictions.
- Put tags on all of your bags to help you find them quickly at the baggage claim or to identify them if they get lost. Protect yourself by not writing your home address and business title on your baggage labels. Put an address label inside each bag in case it is lost.
- Bring the proper photo identification with you to the airport and keep it handy so you can show it at the check-in counter and again before boarding your flight.
- Check in 24 hours before your flight and print your boarding pass at home or at self-service kiosk.
- Check the security screening wait time at your departure airport before you leave home.
- Check the status of your flight with the airline company—be aware of any delays or changes to your flight schedule.
- Arrive at the airport early: 60 minutes ahead of your departure time for a domestic flight and two to three hours ahead for an international flight.
- Do not leave your luggage unattended.
- Check in and drop off your checked baggage.
- Go through security screening.
- Show your boarding pass and appropriate ID to the airline representative.
- Get on the plane!
Video: Airline ticket and tariff
Watch the video on airline ticket and tariff for useful tips
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: