Make sure you have appropriate photo identification.
- Check the expiry date of your passport or photo identification and order new ones if necessary. Do this well before your trip.
Pre boarding identification requirements
Check the entry requirements of your destination countries:
- You may need a visa to travel to some countries. Get it well before your trip.
- In some countries, your passport must be valid for a certain time period after your expected return date.
- Be aware of your destination countries’ customs regulations.
Travel Advice and Advisories
- Pack valuables or necessities in your carry-on baggage, not your checked bags
- Check if your airline has rules, regulations or fees that apply to carry-on or checked bags (including size limitations).
- Try not to pack more baggage than you can carry and never leave your baggage unattended.
- Put tags on all of your bags, but don’t include your address or business title. Put an address label inside each bag instead.
Travel checklist (Canadian Air Transportation Authority)
Before you go to the airport
Bring the proper photo identification and your boarding pass.
- Keep them handy so you can show them at security screening and when you are boarding the plane.
Check in 24 hours before your flight from your airline’s website.
- Check the departure and arrival terminals, the flight numbers and schedules, and the length of the flights.
Inform your airline if you have any special needs.
Check the security screening wait time and the status of your flight with the airline company
Arrive at the airport early: 60 minutes ahead of your departure time for a domestic flight and 2 to 3 hours ahead for an international flight.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: