CANPASS – Air
The Canadian Border Services Agency’s CANPASS - Air program allows pre-screened, low-risk commercial airline passengers who are members of the program to use automated kiosks to clear customs and immigration quickly and securely at participating airports.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be citizens or permanent residents of Canada, or citizens or resident aliens of the United States
- reside in Canada or the United States and have lived continuously in either country for the last three years
- have no criminal record (or have been granted a pardon)
- have had no customs seizures within the past five years
- have no violations of customs or immigration legislation
- be admissible to Canada under immigration laws
- if under the age of 18, have the consent of their parents or legal guardian
Other criteria may apply.
- Completed applications must include photocopies of acceptable proof of citizenship or permanent resident status and the application fee.
- Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria will receive a letter scheduling an interview at a CANPASS – Air Airport Enrolment Centre to complete the enrolment process.
- Applicants who do not meet the eligibility criteria will receive a letter notifying them of the decision.
- Application Form
- There is a fee of $50 for persons 18 years of age and more.
- Canada Border Services Agency: General Inquiries: 1-800-461-9999/TTY: 1-800-665-0354
- Membership in the CANPASS – Air program is valid for one year.
- Children under the age of one cannot participate in the program since it is impossible to capture their iris biometrics.
The program is currently in place at the following international airports:
- Calgary International Airport
- Edmonton International Airport
- Halifax International Airport
- Lester B. Pearson International Airport (Toronto)
- Macdonald-Cartier International Airport (Ottawa)
- Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport (Montréal)
- Vancouver International Airport
- Winnipeg International Airport
- Border Information Service (Canada Border Services Agency)
- Date modified: